So, yesterday evening we had Chicken Stir Fry from the remaining chicken of our Sunday Roast.
It was a great success and Charlie still chewed on chicken for half an hour after we finished dinner!
He wasn't impressed by the rice noodles, however he had a good munch on the sugar-snap peas. The peppers stayed untouched, as did the celery. He had a brief chomp on the carrot, but then he rediscovered the chicken!
We have offered water with dinner, but I don't think he has worked out how to get at the water in the strawer cup. Unfortunately the sippy cup isn't any more success, as he does not lift the bottle and gets very angry if we try to help him with it. He is very much a do-it-yourself kind of baby.
This morning he had some banana and apricot for breakfast, as I was too lazy to cut up the watermelon. He really should have some of that tomorrow.
In addition I offered him some BLW banana cake I made, but he just crumbled it and threw it on the floor. All in all, I think breakfast is his least favourite meal. I should offer him some strawberries and raspberries maybe.
I think I will offer the remainder of the pear pouch and maybe some avocado, if it is ripe. Last time he had avocado he gagged, but kept shoving it in his mouth anyway.
Doing BLW has made me want to cook and bake a lot, as I start thinking of preservatives, salt, sugar, E numbers, etc in Charlie's food. I don't recognise myself, but I am having so much fun.
Our niece gave me a BLW cookbook and I have been getting all my recipes from there. They are nice and simple and mostly quick, so I manage to cook/bake whilst Charlie naps, which is great. Although, he really enjoys being in the kitchen with me and trying various ingredients. Some days I even manage to make 2 dishes.
My absolut favourite so far is the sour dough bread. It was very quick and didn't need any proofing. In fact, the second loaf is in the oven right now making the flat smell amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment